More efficient communication for all
Communicator 5 comes with language content designed to match all AAC needs, from emerging communication to literate adults. The content can be further customized for specific individuals through easy-to-use editing tools. Communicator allows you to communicate via text or symbols, and generates high quality speech for face-to-face communication.
The modern user interface, improved workflows and smart functions enable the user to communicate more efficiently than ever before. The setup guide, quick menu, and improved editing are only some of the functions that make it easier for caregivers and anyone else that helps the user throughout the day, to keep the user’s language up to date.
While being specifically designed for the Tobii Dynavox I-Series+, Communicator works on Windows computers running Windows 7 or newer, such as the Microsoft Surface.
Up and running in minutes
With the built-in setup guide, getting started communicating is simple. Begin by selecting one of the predefined user levels, a voice, and a desired input method. Communicator will then create a home page for the user, pre-populated with industry best practice techniques, clinical, robust, and research-based content as well as relevant page sets.
Communicator 5 also allows for high levels of personalization and growth, both in terms of content and appearance. Add, remove or edit existing page sets to perfectly match the user’s skills and desires. You can also change the background color of the homepage to better suit your personality. And, whenever your situation or preferences change, modifying your settings is easy.
Supports all input methods
Regardless of your preferred input method, everyone can use Communicator 5. The software supports direct input via touch screen, which has been significantly improved with Windows 8/10, as well as mouse click, mouse dwell, joystick, or head mouse. You can also use gaze interaction together with the Tobii Dynavox I-Series and I-Series+.
Those requiring feedback before making a selection can use auditory prompts. This is particularly helpful for people with visual difficulties. And, if your personal needs change over the day, it is easy to switch between input methods, for example, using touch input in the morning and gaze interaction in the afternoon.
Ideal for single and multiple users
Communicator 5 has support for an unlimited number of user profiles on the same device, which makes it ideal for schools, assessment centers, and care facilities where several users might share the same system. It also works great for single users who might want to have different settings depending on the time of day.
- Computer 1.8 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor
- Memory (RAM) 2.0 GB RAM
- Hard Disk 3.0 GB available
- Display 800 x 600 or higher resolution, 1020 x 786 is recommended
Operating system Communicator 5 runs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft operating systems.
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Browser Mozilla Firefox 31 or newer is recommended
- .NET version 4.5
- Supported eye trackers PCEye Go, I-Series and I-Series+
- Additional requirements and considerations Connection to Internet is necessary for License activation. Please Note that Communicator 5 is not supported on the Tobii Dynavox C-Series or P-10 devices
- You can install Communicator 5 on a speech-generating device or computer already running Communicator 4, as long as the system requirements are met. You can install Communicator 5 on a speech-generating device or computer already running Communicator 4, as long as the system requirements are met.